Kolab 3.4: Disaster

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Mar 26 20:22:07 CET 2015

On 2015-03-18 8:50 am, dsp3 wrote:
> Stefan,
> Try this:
>
> /⁠usr/⁠share/⁠roundcubemail/⁠bin/⁠updatedb.sh \
>    -⁠-⁠dir /⁠usr/⁠share/⁠roundcubemail/⁠plugins/⁠libkolab/⁠SQL \
>    -⁠-⁠package libkolab
>
> This was on Centos 6 system.
>
> SQL tables needed updating. My calendar items then re-⁠appeared.

So I ran that command, and I'm getting an error related to the foreign
key constraint for the kolab_cache_event table.  I've tried different
ways to create the table with the proper constraint, but I cannot ever
get mysql to accept "fk_kolab_cache_event_folder".  When I left that
blank, it defaulted to "kolab_cache_event_ibfk_1", but I really don't
understand those values and I would be willing to bet it's not correct.
How can I get the correct constraint back in the table?

But this all begs another question, which is how can we tell if any
tables for any of the other components were correctly upgraded?

BTW - I found this website that might help with the table size:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7M7la3-8JC0J:vdachev.net/2007/02/22/mysql-reducing-ibdata1/

Note that it requires dumping the database, and talks about setting
limits on how big the tables can grow, but it can't fix the root issue
about using InnoDB tables.

--
Troy Carpenter
troy at carpenter dot cx