OpenLDAP

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Thu Mar 5 16:20:50 CET 2015

Well in my theory LDAP is LDAP. As long as openldap supports the kolab
schema that's used for kolab 3 (I don't know how much it differes from
Kolab 2) OpenLDAP is a viable option.
Just the fact that the default installation/stack comes with 389ds and
setup-kolab (the initial configuration tool) pre configures 389ds
doesn't mean that Kolab doesn't support OpenLDAP. In fact Kolab even
supports Active Directory (as long as you take care about the right
schemas and/or configuration of the ldap connection of
cyrus/postfix/roundcube, etc.

I think the real data migration from 2.3 to 3.x will eat most of the
time.

--
Regards
Daniel