Delegation acceptance of events

Carlos Ces carlos.ces at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:12:39 CET 2015

I've found something that does not behave as I expected.

- User "boss" delegates in "secretary" (delegation made in webadmin and on
Delegation Settings)
- "secretary" is now able to send and answer mails behaving his boss, and
also subscribes to her calendar and tasks.
- User "derp" invites "boss" to an event. As she (the boss) is absent, her
secretary will manage her webmail for few days.
- An email is received at "secretary"'s mail folder "boss" to accept the
invitation. He accepts by pressing "accept" button in message.
- Problem: user "derp" receives a confirmation os assistence from
"secretary" instead than from "boss" ("derp" is asked to add the new
participant, while "boss" participation remains pendant).

Wouldn't it be desirable the confirmation to came from "boss" instead of
from "secretary"?

Update:

 - "secretary" goes to his preferences > Identities and marks "boss" as his
default identity
 - If we now repeat all the process, the confirmation now comes from "boss"
as predicted.

It seems that confirmation messages are always sent from the default
identity; it would be useful that they be sended by the delegator ("boss"
in thsi case).

Is there a way to workaround it?