Kolab 3.3 on Opensuse 13.1

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Sun Mar 1 16:31:19 CET 2015

On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 04:05:45 PM Johannes Kehrer wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to install Kolab 3.3 on Opensuse 13.1.
> However, when the procedure is configuring the LDAP server, the following error
> message is shown:
>
> "An error was detected in the setup procedure for 389 Directory Server. This
> setup
> will write out stderr and stdout to /var/log/kolab/setup.error.log and
> /var/log/kolab/setup.out.log respectively, before it exits."
>
> The last lines in the first first file are (the lines before seem OK):
> "[...]
> +Entry cn=sync-task-sie-data,cn=Commands,cn=admin-serv-mail, cn=389
> Administration Server, cn=Server Group, cn=mail.kehrer.cc, ou=kehrer.cc,
> o=NetscapeRoot is added
> +Entry cn=change-sie-password,cn=Commands,cn=admin-serv-mail, cn=389
> Administration Server, cn=Server Group, cn=mail.kehrer.cc, ou=kehrer.cc,
> o=NetscapeRoot is added
>
> NMC_Status: 0
> /usr/sbin/semanage: SELinux-Richtlinie wird nicht verwaltet oder auf den
> Speicher kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
> /usr/sbin/semanage: SELinux-Richtlinie wird nicht verwaltet oder auf den
> Speicher kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
> "
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Johannes

I know this is an old thread, but I have never seen a reply. Has this been resolved or just been
given up? I have the same problem with Mageia. It seems there was a bug in 389-ds-base which let
this through and has now been fixed and as a result, the 389-ds cannot be setup anymore w/o a working
selinux. Am I correct with this? Is there a patch to enable setting it up w/o selinux?

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63