Scaling the setup of shared folders ?

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Mon Jun 29 14:31:19 CEST 2015

Hi Torsten,

Am 29.06.2015 um 10:39 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> On Saturday 27 June 2015 16:20:44 Geert Janssens wrote:
>> So is there a way to simplify this ? Can I define a shared calendar (or
>> any other object for that matter) in such a way that all users
>> automatically see it in roundcube webmail ?
>
> This should be possible using groups. You can enable them in for the web app
> ACL management here:
>
>     https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/acl/config.inc.php.dist#L19

thanks for the link.

I also tried the group based acl a couple of weeks ago. But for me it
only works with role based acl's as the default configuration is in
imapd.conf:

ldap_group_base: dc=example,dc=org
ldap_group_filter:
(&(cn=%u)(objectclass=ldapsubentry)(objectclass=nsroledefinition))
ldap_group_scope: one
ldap_member_base: ou=People,dc=example,dc=org
ldap_member_method: attribute
ldap_member_attribute: nsrole

With this configuration I'm able to set acls on the command line with e.g.:

kolab sam groups:examplerole rw

But in my trials roundcube on the other hand did not deal with the role
based acl's.

I tried to configure imapd.conf with

ldap_group_base: dc=example,dc=org
ldap_group_filter:
(&(cn=%u)(objectclass=ldapsubentry)(objectclass=nsroledefinition))
ldap_group_scope: one
ldap_member_base: ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=org
ldap_member_method: attribute
ldap_member_attribute: cn

but without success.

With the configuration of roundcube in acl.inc.php

    $config['acl_groups'] = true;
    $config['acl_group_prefix'] = 'group:';

Roundcube show's the groups in autocompletion - (as far as they have an
email-Address (mail enabled groups) - well the last probably we can
change somewhere in roundcube config.) But not the roles.

Have you or somebody else an working configuration with group based acl's?

Thanks and best regards
Jan