Performance issues - how to start debugging

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jun 25 17:05:30 CEST 2015

Hi,

My kolab setup has been running for a week now with 11 users.

In this period we experienced several delays in performing an action.

For example:
- adding a new appointment via the roundcube webinterface can take up to
2 minutes between clicking in some calendar and the appointment entry
interface popping up. Other times it works immediately. Similar delays
have been seen in other actions throughout the roundcube interface.

- sending a mail from Outlook sometimes hangs for more than a minute
seemingly doing nothing.

- to eliminate any Outlook oddities I also installed Thunderbird, and it
shows the same unpredictable behavior.

The delays seem to be random. It can work fine for a while and then out
of the blue it happens again.

Any tips on where to start debugging this ? There are so many components
I don't know the most likely candidates. I checked the mail logs for
oddities, but can't find anything. While the delays are in progress,
there is simply nothing written to the logs.

Can I configure the different kolab components to log timing information
of some kind ? Ohter suggestions what could cause this ?

Thanks in advance,

Geert Janssens