Exclude photos on carddav sync

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Mon Jun 8 10:00:45 CEST 2015

alby87 at inwind.it wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> my experience in Kolab is going all well, this software is truly
> phenomenal, thank you!
>
> I'm having a little problem: I need to store high-resolution photos on
> the address book, and I have made the changes in the config files. Now I
> have some big files that Android, backed with davdroid app, can't sync.
> It's possible to deactivate the photo on carddav sync? Just send the
> whole VCARD without any photo field.

No, there's no such option. But you're welcome to hack that into the
iRony codebase [1]. Although storing hi-res images with contacts may
work, the underlying storage concept wasn't designed for this and I
suggest to store these images elsewhere. Android might not be the only
client failing to handle these properly.

Kind regards,
Thomas

[1] https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/I/