Kolab + Active Directory

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Thu Jul 30 19:02:44 CEST 2015

Am Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:46:16 +0200 schrieb "Dr. Hirn" <drhirn at gmail.com>:

> > I guess Univention offers free evaluation licenses if there is some intent in using UCS.
>
> They do

give it a try?

> > Second: There's a core edition, free of charge. (I don't know if it's possible to test kolabenterprise with UCS core edition.)
>
> It is possible.
> But there is no AD-Sync in Core Edition. (Not sure if I need this
> feature anyway)

Right. Available information is somehow inconsistent. Within the licensing comparison page there's no AD-sync with Core Edition, but:
https://www.univention.com/products/ucs/functions/active-directory-connection/
"The Active Directory Connection can be tested via the free UCS Core Edition."
... where operation mode 2 is the synchronization of ldap data.

> Yeah, I know. Hard to tell them, that Open-Source doesn't mean "free".
> But still, I have to try.

Yes, don't hesitate to do "the right thing that has to be done". :-)
Good luck.

For a good "MS Outlook experience" it's a must to have, that's also still a work in progress.  (code name copenhagen in kolab git)

Regards
hede