Kolab behind a NAT

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Tue Jan 20 23:31:05 CET 2015

On 2015-01-16 9:58 am, alby87 at inwind.it wrote:
> It worked really well: I had to install more "reverse proxies" (one for
> iRony,
> one for kolab-webadmin, one for roundcubemail, etc..), but using this
> "proxies", and the X-Forwarded-For Header all but one problems went
> away!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> The only problem is just iCal: the URL generated start with a ./?
> _task=calendar&_action=feed&_cal= and the code of the calendar. Putting
> this
> code as is  isn't working (just as expected, there isn't any reference
> to my
> base URL). It doesn't show even on my LAN connection, I'm doing some
> more thing
> wrong? Thank you for your patience :)

I am running a similar configuration as you, except I'm using Apache to
do the proxy.  I don't think the problem you are describing is specific
to using a proxy because I get the same result using the Kolab server
from within my network (as well as through the proxy when I'm outside
the network).

When I highlight one of the calendars in my setup, and select "show
calendar URL".  I got this in the dialog box:

./?_task=calendar&_action=feed&_cal=dHJveUBjYXJwZW50ZXIuY3g6VENSb1pYSWdWWD5sY25NdmJHRjFjbUV2UTJGc1pXNWtZWEk%3D.ics

When I replaced the leading "." with my server fqdn and put that in a
web browser, I ended up at the Kolab login screen instead of downloading
the calendar.

I would like to get this working.  I have a number of processes where I
need the ics file, and cannot use CalDAV.

BTW, the displayed CalDAV link works just fine.  I tested it with a
CalDAV client on my Android phone.

Troy Carpenter
troy at carpenter dot cx