Kolab behind a NAT

Axel ar at xlrs.de
Sat Jan 17 00:50:28 CET 2015

Hi,

Am Freitag, 16. Januar 2015, 22:36:31 schrieb Jan Kowalsky:
> Hi Alex,
> hi Alby,
>
> how do you deal with the fact that you'll have private IPs in your mta
> preventing that you can use trusted networks on the one hand and any
> spam filter on the other, because all your mails seem to come from only
> one IP (no blacklists, no greylisting etc. possible?)
>
> We've had this problem once but no solution except a public IP.

You can use another postfix as "mail proxy". A quick search brought up this
document: http://www.agix.com.au/blog/?p=1996
it looks okay though i haven't tested that

i did the easy job and created separate rules on my firewall for port 80 / 443
and 25 / 587. the first point to nginx and the latter to my kolab instance

regards, axel