Fwd: Fwd: kolab authentication

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Jan 16 22:31:18 CET 2015

Hi Mohamed,

Am 13.01.2015 um 08:10 schrieb Mohamed Aly:

>> so how can i migrate pam to ldap ? its ok for me to create users manually
> on ldap but how can i migrate passwords?

well, for openldap there are scripts shipped with open ldap to migrate
/etc/passwd to ldap:

   https://wiki.debian.org/LDAP/MigrationTools

Maybe something like exist for 389-ds. But I don't know. Have a look at
the 389-ds documentation:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/

If not, I would just convert the /etc/passwd to ldif with the openldap
migration tools and afterwards convert it for kolab.

In any case you'll have to edit the ldif for making it usable for kolab
auth: object classes for kolab, the needed attributes ...

You'll also have to think about the recipient policy.

Maybe you want to have a look at this script:

https://gist.github.com/jankowa/99a0c8bf398929528894

Or you can do it in bash with some awk and sed.

> and what about active directory ? is there any clear way to authenticate
> from?

there was some talking about kolab and AD on the list last year. Maybe
you have a look at the archive.

Best regards
Jan