Howto use certificates from letsencrypt.org with cyrus

Michael Corbit mikecorbit at jodig.net
Fri Dec 11 00:01:29 CET 2015

10. Dec 2015 09:45 by thomas at die-lufts.org:

> Hi everybody,
>
> at > http://letsencrypt.org>  one can get free and valid SSL certificates.
> After registration of the server I have three files: privkey.pem, cert.pem
> and chainfile.pem
>
> When I try to use these files in /etc/imapd.conf I see that TLS can not be
> started:
>
> Dec 10 13:52:15 kolab imaps[19580]: unable to get certificate from
> '/etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/cert.pem'
>
> My imapd.conf looks like this:
> tls_server_cert:    /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/cert.pem
> tls_server_key:     /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/privkey.pem
> tls_server_ca_file: /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain.com/chain.pem
>
> I tried to copy the cert.pem and chown it to cyrus, but this did not help.
> Does cyrus need a specific format of the cert/key/chain file?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Thomas

Thomas, I went round and round until I was able to get my certs all working
correctly. I took copious notes, which true to form, I can't now find.  If
you haven't already seen it, I believe a lot of what I did was based on this
page. Maybe there's a clue there.

https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/secure-kolab-server.html

Good luck,
digger