Cyrus Update for Kolab 3.4

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Wed Dec 9 09:43:48 CET 2015

Hello Kolab Admins

Last night I've just pushed out a small fix for Cyrus which fixed a
behaviour with expunging/removing mail messages once they got flagged
for deletion. Basically the delayed expunging didn't worked at all as
configured with the default configuration. They bug got fixed in
february 2 days before the 3.4 release but nobody noticed it ...

Well ... why am I writing this to the mailing list? Maybe you want to
keep an eye on your performance or you're wondering what's causing the
huge disk free change :-)

Just on my small installation around 40k out of 120k mails got expunged
(which freed up around 1GB of space). If you think how many spams you
delete over time or how many mails you're moving to different folders
while the origingal mail will be flagged for deletion that number isn't
unusual ... But maybe your installation has a higher user count and
therefore more load/changes when the fixed expunging process kicks in.

--
Best Regards
Daniel Hoffend