Deployment into existing environment?

Bastian bastian-kolabusers2015 at tweddell.de
Wed Dec 9 09:27:45 CET 2015

Hello all,

After testing out the demo of kolab I am highly interested in using it
for my private purposes and would like to run it on my own server.

My first try was to create a container and apt-get install kolab, which
pulls in many dependencies which are not needed.

I already have running mysql, nginx, smtp and imap services on my
machine and would like to add {cal, card, web}DAV along with the nice
kolab web interface.

AFAIK, Kolab is kind of flexible and should be integrateable to already
existing services, right?
I have not looked deep into the single components. Before digging too
much in there I would like to ask you, which components I might need and
how to install them. I am not scared to install from sources, if you
think that is possible.

I am thankful for any hints,
--
Bastian