Changing Directory Manager password

Soliva, Andrea andrea.soliva at comcept.ch
Wed Aug 19 11:52:07 CEST 2015

Hi

I documented and tested it based on Kolab 3.4 in following way:

The pwd used for kolab-webadmin to Login is defined in "dirsrv" for
"Directory Manager" as is shown in following file as a hash:

        # cat /etc/dirsrv/slapd-[Instanz]/dse.ldif | grep nsslapd-rootpw
        nsslapd-rootpw: {SSHA}mLDh/Kd3AdaovNgoIK5dZZHdst058sU4WQ==s

To create a new Password define it or create a new hash:

        # pwdhash [Your New Password]
        {SSHA}BhTKjHyUsGVsd8VQsJqTb3d6bMME9+5kU6HpQ==

Stop "dirsrv" Server:

        # systemctl stop dirsrv.Service

        NOTE For CentOS 6.6 use:

             # Service dirsrv stop

Edit the file and replace old hash with new one:

        # vi /etc/dirsrv/slapd-[Instanz]/dse.ldif

        --------------- /etc/dirsrv/slapd-[Instanz]/dse.ldif
---------------

        nsslapd-rootpw: {SSHA}BhTKjHyUsGVsd8VQsJqTb3d6bMME9+5kU6HpQ==

        --------------- /etc/dirsrv/slapd-[Instanz]/dse.ldif
---------------

Start "dirsrv" again:

        # systemctl start dirsrv.Service

        NOTE For CentOS 6.6 use:

             # Service dirsrv start

After that Change the Password in "kolab.conf" too because there the pwd
is in clear-text

        # vi /etc/kolab/kolab.conf

        --------------- /etc/kolab/kolab.conf ---------------

        [ldap]
        kolab_user_filter = (objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)
        mail_attributes = mail, alias
        mailserver_attribute = mailhost
        group_filter =
(|(objectclass=groupofuniquenames)(objectclass=groupofurls))
        unique_attribute = nsuniqueid
        kolab_user_base_dn = ou=People,%(base_dn)s
        base_dn = dc=comcept,dc=ch
        bind_pw = [Your New Passwort "cleartext"]

Restart Service:

        # systemctl start kolabd.Service

        NOTE For CentOS 6.6 use:

             # Service kolabd start

Thats it and as mentioned tested on my site.

Kind regards

Andrea Soliva

Email: andrea.soliva at comcept.ch