External third party mail service + Internal kolab other services

Daniel Vázquez daniel2d2art at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:44:42 CEST 2015

Hi here!!

On an scenario where "example.com" want's to maintain the external
email service in external third-party servers (Some ISP, Google,
Microsoft, ...), but wants to use the other Kolab services like
Contacts, Calendar, ...  what is the best approach?

We're thinking about use an unique domain kolab installation, with
"example.com" as primary domain and some kind of configuration than
disable email service (Not sure if this is possible).
Or alternatively, if we can't split email from the other services,
maybe use a fake "example.local" as primary domain, with unused email
service but provide the account for using the other services.
Any recommendation or alternative?

Thanks !