multi domain

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Apr 15 18:22:40 CEST 2015

Hello,

   So I followed [1] and [2] to modify a single domain system to a multi
domain setup. I had tested this on a VM first however in my test I only
tested sending mail to the new domain, assuming that sending mail to the
original main domain would work. This is not the case it seems. So now I
have a situation where my kolab instance accepts mail for the new
domains, but rejects mail for the original with:

  "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table".
In the multi-domain system is the management (original single) domain
not able to receive mail?

I can paste whatever additional configs are needed.

main.cf:
local_recipient_maps =
ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_local_recipient_maps.cf,
ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_local_recipient_maps.cf

hosted_triplet_local_recipient_maps.cf:
server_host = localhost
server_port = 389
version = 3
search_base = dc=%3,dc=%2,dc=%1
scope = sub

domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_mydestination.cf

bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ca
bind_pw = XXXXXXXXXXX

query_filter = (&(|(mail=%s)(alias=%
s))(|(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)(|(objectclass=kolabgroupofuniquenames)(objectclass=kolabgroupofurls))(|(|(objectclass=groupofuniquenames)(objectclass=groupofurls))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder)))
result_attribute = mail

hosted_duplet_local_recipient_maps.cf:
server_host = localhost
server_port = 389
version = 3
search_base = dc=%2,dc=%1
scope = sub

domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_mydestination.cf

bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ca
bind_pw = XXXXXXXXXXX

query_filter = (&(|(mail=%s)(alias=%
s))(|(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)(|(objectclass=kolabgroupofuniquenames)(objectclass=kolabgroupofurls))(|(|(objectclass=groupofuniquenames)(objectclass=groupofurls))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder)))
result_attribute = mail

hosted_triplet_mydestination.cf
server_host = localhost
server_port = 389
version = 3
search_base = cn=kolab,cn=config
scope = sub

bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ca
bind_pw = XXXXXXXXXXXX

result_attribute = associateddomain
query_filter = (&(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)(associateddomain=%
s)(associateddomain=*.*.*))

hosted_duplet_mydestination.cf
server_host = localhost
server_port = 389
version = 3
search_base = cn=kolab,cn=config
scope = sub

bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=DOMAIN,dc=ca
bind_pw = XXXXXXXXXXXX

query_filter = (&(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)(associateddomain=%
s)(associateddomain=*.*)(!(associateddomain=*.*.*)))

result_attribute = associateddomain

[1] http://kodira.de/2014/11/kolab-3-3-multi-domain-setup-centos-7/
[2] http://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html#postfix-changes