Cannot access the webmail interface from the client host

Marc surchat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:54:17 CEST 2015

Torsten Grote <torsten <at> kolab.org> writes:

> Hi Marc,
>
> please note that my blog post was for Kolab 3.0 and we are at 3.4 now.
> Usually, docs.kolab.org is the place to go to.
>
> On Friday 10 April 2015 18:30:49 Marc Surchat wrote:
> > But I cannot access the web interface at
> > http://kolab.example.org/roundcubemail/
>
> Just a wild guess, is your Apache webserver actually running?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Torsten

Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the server was running and listening on all
address on port 80 :)

As a side note, I didn't see a difference between your blog post for Kolab
3.0 and the docs.kolab.org. Is there ?

Anyway, I got it working =)

For the record, I made 2 mistakes which I'm posting the solution here :

(1) on centOS 7, the firewall is firewalld not iptables. so for testing
purpose I had to deactivate it. ( went for the quick and dirty way : ps aux
| grep firewalld and then kill <pid>)

(2) with virtualbox, you have to configure your network settings correctly
so that the VMs can talk together. I did it using the "host-only Adapter" on
both VMs (kolab-server and client).

I configured the server with a static IP : 192.168.56.111

The client gets it via DHCP from virtualbox : 192.168.56.102

Then I edited my /etc/hosts :

on kolab-server
192.168.56.111 kolab.example.org kolab
192.168.56.102 client.example.org client

on client
------
192.168.56.111 kolab.example.org kolab

And voilà.