Kolab and remote LDAP authentication?

Constantin Oesterling constantin.oesterling at javapipe.com
Sat Apr 11 22:58:20 CEST 2015

On 11.04.2015 at 22:04 Jochen Hein wrote:
> Constantin Oesterling <constantin.oesterling at javapipe.com> writes:
>
>> Thank you for your response. However I think you got my question
>> wrong. I'm aware that I can authenticate against LDAP with various
>> applications and that's exactly what I want to do. So my question is:
>> What is the best way to make the LDAP daemon listen on the external IP
>> of my Kolab server on the LDAP port (ldap://)?
> Does https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/47438 help?
Vielen Dank, actually that helped me fix it, because it's about the
issue I have. I noticed that the directory server is listening on IPv6,
but not on IPv4. The information from the bug report helped me to fix
that and make it listen on IPv4 instead. I would find it more convenient
if it were the other way around - listen on IPv4 by default if no
nsslapd-listenhost is set instead of IPv6. Anyhow, to summarize the
solution, here's what I did:

# cat fix-ipv6-bind.ldif
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-listenhost
nsslapd-listenhost: 0.0.0.0

# cat fix-ipv6-sslbind.ldif
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-securelistenhost
nsslapd-securelistenhost: 0.0.0.0

# ldapmodify -a -x -h localhost -p 389 -D cn="Directory Manager" -w
password123 -f fix-ipv6-bind.ldif

# ldapmodify -a -x -h localhost -p 389 -D cn="Directory Manager" -w
password123 -f fix-ipv6-sslbind.ldif

# netstat -tulpn | grep slapd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:389             0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
474/ns-slapd