Debian 7: Upgrade from Kolab 3.3 to 3.4

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Sun Apr 5 09:52:13 CEST 2015

Hi Jochen,
my upgrade path is:
Initial: 3.2
Upgrade to 3.3
Upgrade to 3.4

But, i use the wheezy backports mirror since 3.3, because i have and had
segfaults in ptloader.
My libc is 2.19, which fixes some problems, but not the malloc problem
in ptloader.
Now i'm running on Kolab Dev Tree, to do some tests.
Right now i have no service related issues, but kolab.
I recompiled and repackaged the 7.0 kolab packages using the new libc.
Postfix,dirsrv,cyrus.
Be sure to follow the tweaking guid, since my installation ran out of
filedescriptors.
This i did before upgrading to 3.4.
Perhaps it will fix some problems. (limits.conf etc.)
I use a hardcoded ulimit -n value in the dirsrv init script.
(limits.conf didn't change the limit for some reason)

Link: http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/tweaking-389ds.html

Rgds.

Franz