questions about calendars, iRony & freebusy / caldav

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Sat Sep 20 00:29:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a few days old kolab 3.3 on debian 7.6 installation.

A few questions have started to emerge concerning caldav and/or iRony /
freebusy

I know I can find out the caldav url for some folders in webmail (show url)
I also found (google-fu) some help about deducting the caldav urls
i am currently using thunderbird with lightening and the sogo connector

the information I have:
- calendar: https://domain.tld/iRony/calendars/primaryemail/Calendar
- tasks: https://domain.tld/iRony/calendars/primaryemail/Tasks
- addressbook: https://domain.tld/iRony/addressbooks/primaryemail/Contacts/

what i would like to know (not critical, can be gotten from webmail):
- how to append the calendar-url to get the children ?
- how to deduce the calendar-url for shared-calendars

what I wish I knew (those can not be generated in the webmail):
- can I get the user-notes as well? how?
- how to get shared tasks
- how to get shared notes (if possible)

freebusy:
- I think know what it is supposed to do... but how do I use it?
--> my idea is that I can use the personal calendar, maybe a shared calendar
and freebusy in some way and combination to manage a group of people and
have a (shared?) calendar for all of them in which I can create
appointements for each member.
if someone has a previous (private) engagement, freebusy should enable me/my
shared calendar to see they are not available without revealing what their
actual appointement is ?!

(i will admit, i dont know what exactly the visibility does for an
appointement yet... in fact, the whole kalendar thing is full of functions
that I dont fully get yet)

any ideas and/or further documentation will be appreciated!