update from kolab 3.1 to 3.3

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Thu Sep 18 14:31:55 CEST 2014

On Thursday 18 September 2014 12:16:01 Mihai Badici wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2014 11:04:20 Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> > On 09/18/2014 09:56 AM, Enrico Tagliavini wrote:
> > > /usr/share/roundcubemail/bin/updatedb.sh --package=roundcube
> > > --dir=/usr/share/doc/roundcubemail-<version>/SQL/ --version=<version>
> >
> > --version can be omitted in Roundcube >= 1.0 (or maybe 0.9, I don't
> > remember). Also --package=roundcube is only for Roundcube core updates,
> > for plugins this will be different.
>
> In fact i fond nothing for plugins. And because plugins are always-in-
> developement, the vaste majority of changes is there.

Just two more observations on migration based on user's feedback.

1. The default behavior of "Delete" button in roundcube changed . Mails are
not moved to trash but marked as deleted and not listed in Inbox. This is
configurable from roundcube's config file but some clients panicked a bit :)

2. I didn't imported the mysql database - too bad :)  Some users had
signatures there.
 I will be more than happy if we can somehow move the user identity from mysql
database to a special metadata folder.
This can open some perspective to profile portability, like use the same
signature in all clients. And it will avoid the use of two storage systems for
our data.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro