How to enable Kolab support in kdepim in Gentoo

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Wed Sep 10 20:11:14 CEST 2014

Hi,
Akonadi itself provides the akonadi framework.
The akonadi plugins are components of kdepim-runtime.
To enable kolabproxy akonadi resource, you have to install libkolab and
libkolabxml (development libraries).
Of course, libkolab depends on libkolabxml.
Then recompile kdepim-runtime.
I also got it working on osx.
! I also created a patch for kdepim to search the ldap when creating a
meeting.
Kolab defaults on using shared folders for the addressbook. If you want
to create  a meeting, you cannot search the ldap which is part of kmail,
when selecting a user from the right.
So, i patched korganizer to have a button "search ldap directory".

Rgds.

Franz