Problems installing Kolab in Ubuntu

Stuart Naylor StuartIanNaylor at inbox.com
Tue Sep 2 00:15:53 CEST 2014

http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/centos.html

CentOS 6 did it the other day and followed the install instructions from kolab.

if gpg --search devel at lists.kolab.org doesn't work run the exact same command again.

Dunno why as for me it failed then worked.

Main thing turn firewall and selinux off.

/etc/hosts set static & dns /etc/resolv.conf & networking with static.

Kolabsys & Kolab community are very redhat based so centos is a nobrainer to me.

Its quite unusual to support so many distro's which is fantastic that it does.

Maybe people should of pooled together rather than just knock out all the distro's in one go.

Most distro's will allow --nogpgcheck and mainly it was some problem with the keys not being
distributed.

I can tell a good and well designed product when I see it and Kolab kicks both Zarafa & Zimbra up
the ... Its better and really good.

Forgoten how many distro's and vm's with 3.2 / 3.3 I set up until a working one. You might lose
quite a few possible noobs if they are not as equally persistant.

I have no probs with 3.3 hot off the press try the centos6 version whilst others distro's are
brought up on line.

With opensource it really helps to be transparent as buggy releases can have an effect on
confidence.

What I really like about kolab is the use of other opensource and non of this rebranding it as thier
own. The benefits to roundcube, cyrus ... great use of collaborative opensource.

CentOS 7 is still a bit bleeding edge and I have found the EPEL repo is lacking and still needs to
catch up with CentOS 6 so on 7 its not really a kolab problem.

The admin console for 389-DS isn't available on CentOS7 yet and for me that is quite important.

For community evaluation maybe a VM on sourceforge might be the best option for kolab noobs as
a quick and easy way to get up and running.

Stuart.

Hi Henning,

    Thanks for your recommendation. I've tried resolving them but with no luck so far. I've also
opted to change for the Debian 7 repository but when I follow the instructions aptitude reports
that there are broken dependencies and all the proposed solutions leave kolab components
uninstalled. So my question is, as of the last version is there any Linux distribution (CentOS, Red
Hat, Debian) where I can install directly the package without dependency issues?

Cheers,

Pablo C.

---There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels

Hi Pablo,

dependency problems are very common to the Ubuntu repositories, becausethere is more
manpower needed to maintain them properly. Try to resolvethem manually playing with apt,
installing the needed packages manuallyor by specifying versions by something like

~# apt-get install package=0.9

You could also try if the Debian 7 repository works better for yourUbuntu machine (since probably
in a more complete state).

Henning

Am 01.09.2014 um 01:56 schrieb Pablo Casais Solano:

> Dependency problems prevent configuration of kolab-webclient:>  kolab-webclient depends on
chwala; however:>   Package chwala is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on irony;
however:>   Package irony is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on kolab-freebusy;
however:>   Package kolab-freebusy is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on kolab-
syncroton; however:>   Package kolab-syncroton is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient
depends on roundcubemail (>= 0.9); however:>   Package roundcubemail is not configured
yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu; however:>   Package
roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on
roundcubemail-plugin-threadingasdefault;> however:>   Package roundcubemail-plugin-
threadingasdefault is not configured yet.>  kolab-webclient depends on roundcubemail-plugins-
kolab (>= 3.0); however:>   Package roundcubemail-plugins-kolab is not configured yet.

--------
[1] http://openpgpjs.org
[2] mailto:laclaro at mail.com
[3] mailto:users at lists.kolab.org

Can't remember your password? Do you need a strong and secure password?
Use Password manager! It stores your passwords & protects your account.
Check it out at http://mysecurelogon.com/password-manager