Error connecting to database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost'

Rob Badub robbadub at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 1 21:45:38 CEST 2014

Hi all,

My name is Rob Badub and I'm new to Kolab. My system is a Ubuntu server
14.04 and I'm following the instructions that I've found on
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/ubuntu.html

After executing the install script with

Sudo aptitude install kolab

it fails at the install for roundcubemail

The error message says:

A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up roundcubemail (1:1.1~dev20140404-0~kolab3) ...
ERROR: Error connecting to database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied
for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)ERROR: Site
roundcubemail does not exist!

Subsequently the following packages with dependencies fail as well.

dpkg: error processing package roundcubemail (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kolab-freebusy:
 kolab-freebusy depends on roundcubemail; however:
  Package roundcubemail is not configured yet.

And the same for

roundcubemail-plugins-kolab
 chwala
 irony
 kolab-freebusy
 kolab-syncroton
 roundcubemail-plugin-contextmenu
 roundcubemail-plugin-threadingasdefault
 kolab-webclient
 kolab

Most informative errormessage:
ERROR: Error connecting to database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied
for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES)ERROR: Site
roundcubemail does not exist!

There is no user roundcube
It does not use the FQDN
Site roundcubemail does not exist (what does this mean?)

Please advice

Cheers,
Rob