***UNCHECKED*** Kolab policy with alias domains

Sebastian Walter mail at swalter-it.com
Mon Sep 1 16:25:01 CEST 2014

Dear list,

This is about a new installation of Kolab 3.3 on CentOS 7. I followd the
Multi-Domain Howto on docs.kolab.org and overall the system is working
fine. Amongst other small issues (to be posted later) I have a problem
of sending mails from other e-mail addresses than the parent domain.

I try to explain the issue with this virtual example: the parent domain
is example.org and an alias domain myexample.org is added via the Kolab
Web Admin. The user joe at example.org has a lot of secondary email
addresses (catchall for other domains), as well as one specific address
mail at myexample.org. He wants to send emails from this address with his
user account. The mail server replies with:

An (SMTP) error occurred while sending mail. The server responded:
5.7.1 <DATA>: Data command rejected: Could not find envelope sender user
mail at myexample.org.

The only working workaround is to empty the
"submission_data_restrictions" direction in /etc/postfix/main.cf but I
would prefer to not disable Kolabs policies.

As a consequence, I got lots of errors from
/usr/libexec/postfix/kolab_smtp_access_policy (premature end-of-input)
which I got rid of by commenting out the "chache_uri" directive in
kolab.conf.

I guess my ldap system is somehow messed. Has anybody an idea?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sebastian