Segmentation fault (SEGV) in cyrus ptloader / CentOS 7

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Tue Nov 18 16:52:28 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-18 at 11:24 +1300, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On 11/18/2014 10:08 AM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> > Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure I want to try it just yet. I'm
> > afraid about making things worse. But maybe I'll give it a try after
> > creating the stack trace.
>
> There have been a lot of fixes in this Cyrus package, so it *might*
> fix your problem as well. Also, then we see if the issue still happens
> with latest packages and you do not need to debug. But yes, better try
> this only on a test system.

I'll setup a test system and give that a try soon. Currently I'm trying
to get a stack trace from ptloader. I think I've set things up
correctly, but unfortunately I don't get anything. Maybe you (or someone
here) could help me with that.

Here is what I did:

* Installed cyrus-imapd-debuginfo and gdb

* In cyrus.conf added '-D' to ptloader the line is now:
ptloader cmd="ptloader -D" listen="/var/lib/imap/ptclient/ptsock"

* Added a file '/usr/local/lib/cyrus-get-backtrace.gdb' with content:
bt
quit

* In imapd.conf added
debug_command: /usr/bin/gdb -batch -cd=/tmp
-x /usr/local/lib/cyrus-get-backtrace.gdb /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/%s -p %d
>/tmp/gdb-backtrace.cyrus.%1$s.%2$d <&- 2>&1 &

Unfortunately I do not get any of those gdb-backtrace file in /tmp

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Conny