problem with catchall to shared folder

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Mon Nov 17 16:51:04 CET 2014

I want a shared folder (shared/server at domain.tld) with server at domain.tld
and an alias catchall at gomain.tld to serve as catchall mailbox

the shared folder is set up and working so far. directly adressing
something to catchall at domain.tld works as well.

----------
I created a file virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf in /etc/postfix/ldap :

server_host = localhost
server_port = 389
version = 3
search_base = dc=domain,dc=tld
scope = sub
domain = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf

bind_dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=domain,dc=tld
bind_pw = [redacted]

query_filter =
(&(|(mail=catchall@%d)(alias=catchall@%d))(objectclass=kolabsharedfolder)(kolabFolderType=mail))
result_attribute = kolabtargetfolder
result_format = shared+%s

----------
and in the /etc/postfix/main.cf :

virtual_alias_maps =
         $alias_maps,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps_mailforwarding.cf,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps_sharedfolders.cf,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_distgroups.cf,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/mailenabled_dynamic_distgroups.cf,
         ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf

----------

as far as I can see, this should work. and it does, sort of...
the other .cf files are untouched...

it will deliver mails sent to none-existing addresses to the catchall or
rather shared/server mailbox

however, sending mails to other shared folders (for example
info at domain.tld) will not deliver them to shared/info but also in
shared/server

Should the virtual_alias_maps not be applied top to bottom?

as I understand it the virtual_alias_maps_sharedfolders should be
applied before the catchall and the mail should be put in the info
mailbox. it is not

Maybe I dont understand the ldap filters correctly? or maybe there is
more logic at work here that I am aware of?

Can anyone help me get my catchall in a shared folder working?

Explaining why it isnt working yet is not necessary but would be
appreciated...