upgrading from 3.0 to 3.3

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Sun Nov 16 15:14:05 CET 2014

Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.3 following mostly
> https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/upgrading-from-kolab-3.1-to-3.3.html#etc-kolab-kolab-conf
>
> This seems to work mostly, except after upgarding I cannot login from Roundcube anymore (Thunderbird
> doesn't have the problem.
>
> After entering the username and pwd, I get the error login failed.
>

> The logs show this error:
> [15-Nov-2014 09:30:34,000000 -0700]: Failed login for
> thomas.spuhler at vbox.btspuhler.com from 127.0.0.1 in session
> 9vq0iud9uvramf2ksqq5vcdn26 (error: -2)
>
> Any idea where I should start looking?

As opposed to Thunderbird, Roundcube validates the username against LDAP
on login and tries to translate it to the canonical primary email
address. This is controlled/configured by the kolab_auth plugin. Thus
check the config at /etc/roundcubemail/kolab_auth.inc.php and enable
LDAP logging with $config['ldap_debug'] = true; in the Roundcube config
file. The LDAP lookups and possible failures are then logged into
/var/log/roundcubemail/ldap

I hope that will reveal some more hints to solve this problem.

Best,
Thomas