Kolab 3.3 Debian - cyrus imapd is not listening on WAN IP

Troels Faber tfaber at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 23:38:08 CET 2014

Hi all.

I'm having a very weird problem.

Cyrus is not responding on my WAN IP. This happens from LAN and WAN. All
other services work just fine. It's not a firewall issue, the server is on
a DMZ and the behavior is the same with the firewall turned off.

No error, just time out. No log, not in firewall or mail.log.

Cyrus is configured in cyrus.conf to listen on all interfaces, imap and
imaps (port 143 and 993).
I've tried to specify my WAN IP:port in the listen part af cyrus.conf, but
it doesn't change anything.

Mail is delivered fine, since postfix is listening just fine. Postfix
delivers to cyrus and I can read and write through webmail, and clients on
LAN.

Any thoughts?

Oh, just to make it stranger, everything worked for months, failed for a
few weeks, worked again a few weeks, and is now dead...

Regards,

Troels