Upgrade to kola 3.3 from 3.1

Peter Szwedyk peter at szwedyk.com
Tue Nov 4 01:11:45 CET 2014

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for replying.  It appears I managed to resolve the issue through
several iteration of trial and error adjustments to roundcube config
files.  Unfortunately, it's not clear what the root cause of the problem
was.

I backed out all Roundcube specific configuration changes, which
resolved my issue.  Then I started incrementally adding back 3.3 config
changes, leaving plugins array changes for the last.  When I added
kolab_notes and kolab_tags, the problem came back.  So I removed the two
plugins again, restoring the system to normal operation.  Finally, I
reinstated the notes and tags plugins yet again, this time with no
issues.  The only additional error in the logs that I observed during
this trial and error process had to do with kolab_notes plugin failing
to do some kind of conversion, perhaps suggesting that the plugin was
attempting to do something on first use?

Anyhow, since then I had one other issue, where Apache crashed with seg
fault error at around 3:35am at the time when ClamAV database update
process was running (not saying the two events are necessarily related).
  So it remains to be seen whether the system has actually stabilized
after the upgrade.... for now it's functional.

One final note worth mentioning is that I had overlooked the fact that I
was upgrading to Kolab 3.3 (from 3.1) and CentOS 6.6 (from 6.5) in one
shot (my Amazon CentOS 6 image is configured to pick up 6.x updates
automatically, and 6.6 had become available at the time I was doing
kolab 3.3 upgrade).  Perhaps this contributed to the Kolab issue in some
way...

Thanks,
Peter