users not created properly in kolab-webadmin

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Wed May 28 20:34:19 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-28 9:53, Mat Cantin wrote:
> I just wanted to note that the user's INBOX is not being created
> after-all. It appears that the user I was testing with had a previous
> mailbox that didn't get deleted, probably because kolab-webadmin
> wasn't talking with kolabd at them time (and still is'nt).

Scratch that, doing some more testing this morning and my initial 5
points hold true, the INBOX is indeed being created. I'm really not sure
what was happening yesterday, it was a long day.

Furthering my testing I've enabled pykolab's debuging. It looks like the
kolabd service is somewhat working, but I think it gets hung up before
it can complete the process of creating a new user. The last DEBUG line
when I create a user is this:

pykolab.imap DEBUG [23525]: Creating additional folders for user
user at domain.com

But it never actually creates the additional mailbox folders. The next
line I think is where the problem really lies:

pykolab.imap DEBUG [21064]: Waiting for the Cyrus murder to settle...
CYRUSError(16, 'LOGIN_PLAIN', 'authentication failure')

Restarting the kolabd service after this actually seems to complete some
the user creation process like adding the mailhost entry to LDAP. Except
it doesn't really work without the mail folders, and the user still
can't log in.

Can anyone tell why the CYRUSError is happening? The cyrus.admin
credentials are correct in the kolab.conf file, and they are clearly
working as part of the mailbox is being created.

--
Mat