unwanted sender header via smtp submission [Was: Multiple Identities: Anonymity]

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Tue Mar 25 22:19:07 CET 2014

Am Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:00:00 +1300 schrieb "Brady, Mike" <mike.brady at devnull.net.nz>:

> I am suspecting that it is the MSA that is always adding the sender
> header when it should only conditionally do so.  In my case the MUA
> (Bynari's Outlook Connector) is providing a sender header so the MSA
> shouldn't, but Roundcube does not so it should.

With claws-mail and squirrelmail (for me) no sender header gets added.
So either it actually is conditional and I don't understand the condition and
it's broken in your case or there's another instance adding it or it's simply
... um... don't know.

> Only guessing at this point.  I am trying to understand how the MSA
> functionality in Postfix works at the moment.

Good luck and if you get it: please tell me :-)

regards
hede