yum update cyrus-imapd takes very long

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Fri Mar 14 20:26:03 CET 2014

On 2014-03-15 07:42, Christian Hügel wrote:
> For those who update cyrus-imapd on a Centos 6.5 OS don't need to
> worry when yum "hangs" about 5 minutes on the update process. I don't
> know why it takes so long to clean up and verify the update but this
> happened to me for the second time.
>
> Christian

I believe that it is because the update (unnecessarily in my opinion)
does a

chattr -R +S /var/lib/imap /var/spool/imap

So it will largely depend on how many files you have in /var/spool/imap
and how fast your disks are.

I can understand doing this for a new install, but I do not understand
doing it for an upgrade.

Regards

Mike