Shared folders experience

Thierry De Leeuw thierry at avanco.be
Thu Mar 6 13:08:27 CET 2014

Digging more on the activesync issue, I suspect it is because the
"shared" folder, which owns the shared folders is not synchronized
(there is no way to check a checkbox for the "shared" folder in the
activesync options):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE AirSync PUBLIC "-//AIRSYNC//DTD AirSync//EN"
"http://www.microsoft.com/">
<FolderSync xmlns="uri:FolderHierarchy" xmlns:Syncroton="uri:Syncroton"
xmlns:Internal="uri:Internal">
   <Status>1</Status>
   <SyncKey>4</SyncKey>
   <Changes>
     <Count>2</Count>
     <Add>
<ServerId>ddf96fd9f8b79e2eaa427bed2bd81c6e</ServerId>
       <ParentId>0</ParentId>
       <DisplayName>tttttt</DisplayName>
       <Type>12</Type>
     </Add>
     <Add>
<ServerId>d851fbd8327b19d28f5c01b6515a2e9b</ServerId>
*<ParentId>721c2ea39d79c75d9fe1393e378dd92b</ParentId>*
       <DisplayName>mySharedFolder</DisplayName>
       <Type>12</Type>
     </Add>
   </Changes>
</FolderSync>

I tried to manually create one, but of course the ID was not the same.

Best regards

Thierry

On 03/06/2014 12:13 PM, Thierry De Leeuw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with shared folders. I am using Kolab 3.2 on
> centos 6.5
>
> The first one has been solved on IRC: If you have multiple domains,
> you MUST add a line like below for each domain to the
> /etc/postfix/transport (and of course run postmap) in order to have
> the mails delivered to the shared folders
> shared at mydomain.comlmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
>
> Once you have shared the folder, you need to define the acl (example
> kolab sam "<my shared folder>" myself at mydomain.com full).
>
> Now I can receive mail to the shared folder
>
> Now the remaining issues:
> 1. In roundcube, I cannot specify the identity of th shared mailbox (I
> have a drop down that only lists the mail and aliases of the currently
> logged on user and not the mail and aliases of the shared folders). In
> the screencast of Jeroen van Meeuwen, the field is a free text box, in
> my setup it is a drop down list. Of course ideally, a drop down with
> all the possibilities would be best ;-)
>
> 2. In ActiveSync, on my iPhone, even after having selected the shared
> folders in the "folders to synchronize" section of the ActiveSync
> option, the shared folders do not appear on the list of folders (other
> "traditional" folders (like spam, deleted, ...) appear correctly).
> Note that the shared calendar works fine.
>
> Does anyone has experienced those issues and found a solution?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thierry

Thierry De Leeuw
Avance Consulting SPRLu.