Howto multi-domain not accurate?

Thierry De Leeuw thierry at avanco.be
Wed Mar 5 10:01:32 CET 2014

Hi,

In http://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html, section "Alias Domain
Name Spaces for Hosted Kolab Domains", it si shown that files
/etc/postfix/ldap/example.org/local_recipient_maps.cf and
/etc/postfix/ldap/example.org/virtual_alias_maps.cf contains
search_base = cn=kolab,cn=config

Is this correct? Shouldn't it be
search_base = dc=example, dc=org

Also shouldn't
* the files virtual_alias_maps_mailforwarding.cf and
virtual_alias_maps_sharedfolders.cf be adapted too?
* the postfix configuration adapted accordingly (local_recipient_maps,
virtual_alias_maps and transport_maps)?

Shouldn't we also choose between the approach with search_base =
dc=%2,dc=%1 described in section postfix changes (and then not support
alias domain space) or have the approach with the explicit search base -
or have a mix of both if some domains do have aliases or don't? It was
not clear for me.

Also note that in my fresh install of Kolab 3.2 on CentOS 6.5, there is
no alias_maps_catchall.cf file, which cause trouble as it is always
added to the virtual_alias_maps of postfix. SO either there was a glitch
in the setup that did not create the catchall, or there is a glitch in
the howto.

If you confirm I am right, I would be happy to update the page accordingly.

Best regards

Thierry De Leeuw