RHEL7 / CENTOS 7

Xavier Vello xavier.vello at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:33:24 CEST 2014

Hi Honza

> because I have problem installing kolab on CentoOS 6, I have just
> tested installing Kolab 3.2 on fresh new install of CentOS 7 in
> VirtualBox.

Saw your thread, but I can't help you on that error other than the obvious
: is setup-kolab run as root ?
Someone else might help diagnose this issue.

> Unfortunately when I tried "yum install kolab", I got a lot of
> dependency errors. Probably package "kolab" is build with dependencies
> on older software versions which are in CentOS 6 repo. But CentOS 7
> has newer versions in repo.
>
> If anyone know when will be CentOS 7 supported it will be great.
> Thanks for the info.

RHEL7 / CentOS7 support is planned for the 3.3 release, bound to happen in
August as per the 6-month (february / august) release cycle.
You can already check out the Kolab:Development branch where the new RHEL7
packaging is almost finished (change Kolab:3.2 with Kolab:Development in
repository address).

--
Xavier Vello