Owncloud integration

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Jul 27 23:18:05 CEST 2014

On 21/07/2014 09:41, Torsten Grote wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Friday 18 July 2014 11:46:34 Christoph Hartlmueller wrote:
>> I can only agree with Aleksander, but sice this question comes up quite
>> often here is a bit more info:
> Thanks for providing a summary of the current state. Couldn't have done it
> better myself! :)
>
> For those looking into working on an owncloud back-end for Chwala, this
> article provides some information at the end:
>
>      https://kolab.org/news/2014/07/02/meet-chwala-kolabs-new-file-storage-component
>
> Otherwise, the devel list is a good place to get started.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Torsten

Do consider http://pyd.io/ (previously ajaxplorer)

I liked the idea of Owncloud, but it seems a huge ball of potential XSS
risk, with very regular security fixes (every version seems to fix xss
problems, it's not a one off).

I think Kolab does everything except files and filesharing.  I would
personally like to see Kolab become every more modularised (I can't use
LDAP) and effectively become a bunch of loosely connected plugins for
Roundcube.  I *think* this is approximately what we have today, (which
is terrific), so really I'm just agreeing on direction.

With that in mind, I think the main things which are needed are a chwala
integration with DAV.  Also consideration of supporting DB integration
of contacts/diary as a primary data store would be helpful (ie
integration with some DAV server which is driven from a DB)

Cheers

Ed W