Fresh Install or Upgrade to 3.2 Advice

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Jul 17 21:48:19 CEST 2014

Greetings all

I'm currently running Kolab 3.1 on Centos 6.4 and am looking to go to
Kolab 3.2.  I've been putting it off, but now think it's about time (I
know, 3.3 is right around the corner).

In the past, I've never had a good experience by simply upgrading and
ended up with a crippled system and irate users, so I've tended to
installing from scratch and migrating everything after ensuring it is
working.  That also has its drawbacks.

Is there a proven upgrade path from 3.1 to 3.2?  Is it better to install
from scratch (and having to remember all the tweaks I've done).

I'm also looking for Owncloud integration, and the only guide I've seen
for that uses Centos 6.5 and Kolab 3.2 from dsp3.

I guess eventually the same question for 3.2 to 3.3, or even 3.1 to 3.3
(if I decide to wait for 3.3 before upgrading).

Thanks!