client side cli tools for kolab (was: Kolab CardDav lookup in mutt)

Thomas Jensch riepernet at fsfe.org
Wed Jan 22 00:37:27 CET 2014

Hello,

* Hugo Roy <hugo at fsfe.org> [2013-11-07T15:38+0100]:

> If some of you are interested, I just integrated my Kolab carddav
> addressbook with mutt. I described it here:
> http://hroy.eu/tips/mutt-carddav-lookup/

There is also an accompanying programme for caldav called khal from the
same dev. Although it might need some polishing and feature adding, it
is quite usable. So far I havent fiddled around very much with two way
sync, multiple ressources, etc. I only have set up a cronjob to download
from the kolab server and added the programme to the .shellrc so it will
load every time I start a shell.

Finally I can enjoy the full goodness of kolab without (gf)X
irritations.

The config file is self explanatory, especially since the *dav-URL is
easy to lookup in roundcube these days.

A live ebuild is available at Overlay "andy":
http://gpo.zugaina.org/app-misc/khal

The pycarddav live ebuild is broken, but one could easily adjust the
khal-9999.ebuild by 's/khal/pycarddav/g'.

I am in contact with the dev and he is aware of the great potential for
kolab users. For the sources are available on github, python wizards
might want to get involved in further development.

mfg
Thomas Jensch

--
Free Software. Free Society.