kolab-syncroton - no SSL connection

Lyle M. Sharp lyle.sharp at advotechllc.com
Thu Feb 20 02:10:27 CET 2014

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 06:11:08 PM you wrote:

On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:46:34 AM you wrote:

https://[myserver.domain or IP]/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

returns connection refused without asking for credentials

http://[myserver.domain or IP]/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

returns a blank page again without requesting authentication

This is a new Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS install using Kolab 3.2 from OBS
repositories. setup-kolab continued falling back to 127.0.0.1 on this 2nd
installation attempt where domain fqdn was not correct [oops], but seemed
to work once fqdn was corrected while first error message was still displayed
in setup.

I attempted to re-initialize SQL data with mysql -p roundcube <
/usr/share/doc/kolab-syncroton/syncroton.sql returned no such file or
directory (https://kolab.org/blog/tobru/2013/03/19/kolab-3-and-activesync). When pointed from /usr/share/doc/kolab-syncroton/SQL/mysql.initial.sql (where I believe the new initialization data
are) it errored with 1062 (23000) at line 115 as a duplicate entry. This would seem t mean the DB is already initialized.

I attempted to #apt-get --reinstall install kolab-syncroton no help no errors.

I am an integrator, not some Apache or Roundcube genius, so I could use
some help on this. The only other defects I have seen with the install are
some oddities importing contacts from vcf file through Roundcube. All other

observed issues have been getting a newer version of Kontact
functional on an Ubuntu a test desktop. ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt domain.com.cert-certificates.crt domain.com.cert

Should I scrap the server and reinstall kolab from scratch l or am I missing
something simple? ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt domain.com.cert

--
Lyle Sharp,

Advotech, LLC
1515 Shadle Rd. Poolville, Tx. 76487
Email: lyle.sharp at advotechllc.com
Web: http://www.advotechllc.com ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt domain.com.cert
Phone: (817) 886-0035
FAX: (817) 886-2710

Resolved SSL with:

# mkdir -p /etc/pki/tls/certs

# mkdir -p /etc/pki/tls/private

# ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt domain.com.cert

# ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

# ln -s /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key domain.com.key

# a2enmod rewrite ssl

# a2ensite default-ssl

# service apache2 restart

Now https://myserver/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

delivers a blank page without requesting authentication and Apache2 errors with:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Log' not found in /usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/kolab_sync_logger.php on line 29

Some help, please?

Henning had the answer for his Ubuntu 13.10 box but as it was not my original problem, I took the long road to get here. The solution by Henning as follows:

I had to edit the file kolab-syncroton/lib/init.php to enable php to

find the Zend Classes to make ActiveSync work again with kolab 3.1.

I added one path to the include_path by adding the line

$include_path .= '/usr/share/php/libzend-framework-php' . PATH_SEPARATOR;