Upgrading to Kolab 3.1

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Sun Feb 16 04:25:52 CET 2014

Hello,

Am trying to upgrade Kolab from Kolab 3.0 to Kolab 3.1, and finding a long
sequence of problems.

I did the following:

1. Followed instructions from
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/debian.html to setup new
repositories.

2. apt-get dist-upgrade. I said Yes to replace all roundcubemail
configuration files here (not really sure if I was suppose to or not). I
manually merged cyrus.conf and imapd.conf - which apparently was pointless,
they got rewritten in the next step anyway. Also manually merged in changes
(mainly comments) to /etc/kolab/kolab.conf.

3. Followed instructions from
http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/upgrading-from-kolab-3.0.html

Now the result is:

1. I can't authenticate to roundcube, at least not until I
changed allowplaintext to Yes in /etc/imapd.conf - which makes me wonder if
this is correct, because it always was set to No previously.

2. Saw some errors about not being able to find Roundcube/bootstrap.php, so
I set include_path = "/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/"
in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/31-kolab.ini - again, not sure why this was
required.

   However, setting this seems to kill kolab-webadmin - so probably the
wrong thing to do here.

3. Still see errors:

   [Sun Feb 16 14:06:37 2014] [error] [client 192.168.5.29] PHP Fatal
error:  Class 'Zend_Log' not found in
/usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/kolab_sync_logger.php on line 29

   (this is defined in /usr/share/php/Zend/Log.php on my system)

4. For some reason the nothing but the Mail, Address Book, and Settings
tabs are shown. I would expect to see other tabs, like Calendar. This don't
appear.

   I can't see errors that correspond with this problem.

5. For some curious reason, I no longer seem to be getting the errors I
mentioned in points 3 or 4 any more right now. I didn't change anything...
Still can't see the Calendar however.

6. Curiously, when I first logged in, my email address was
brian at localhost- which was slightly weird. I think I corrected that
now.

So it would appear that my roundcubemail configuration is broken.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Is it possible to tell Kolab  to rewrite the roundcubemail configuration?

Thanks
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>