Delegating rights to groups of users

Fеnикs fenuksuh at ya.ru
Tue Feb 4 13:32:08 CET 2014

Thanks a lot for those links.

I was able to give standard group "HR Managers" rights to add/remove members
to all groups and add/edit/delete new users.
However I can not deny adding nsRoleDN attribute when creating users.
Here's the aci entry :
(targetattr !="nsroledn") (version 3.0;acl "HR Group Permissions to edit
users";allow (write,add,delete)(groupdn = "ldap:///cn=HR
Managers,ou=groups,dc=domain,dc=tld");)

Adding roles when creating new user works fine. Editing roles of existing user
gives "Internal error".
So, anyone with such aci can create a user with kolab-admin role.

Any ideas how to work around it? I need them to only add and edit regular
users.

Regards,
Aleksej