How to Properly Delete a User

nate at tomedetomme.com nate at tomedetomme.com
Tue Feb 4 02:44:06 CET 2014

Dear Kolab Mailing List,

I'm a newbie here and please forgive me if I seem a bit frantic.  I tried
to delete and rebuild a user and seem to have broken my kolab
installation.

I'm running Kolab 3 on a Debian server.

What I Did:

Using a LDAP client, I deleted the ldap entry for the user.
I removed the users mail directory from /var/spool/imap/..path to user../

I then tried to recreate the user using the same name.

Kolab never created the needed directory structure in /var/spool/imap/...

I then tried to create a completely new user in Kolab Admin Panel.
Same results...  No directory structure and I can not login as the newly
created user.

If anyone is willing to give me some advice on 1) how to recover from this
and 2) how to properly delete a user I would be grateful.

If you in the PNW area, I'll even buy you dinner.

Thanks!

Nate