ActiveSync contacts eating all my data

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Sat Aug 30 08:53:18 CEST 2014

On 08/29/2014 11:06 PM, PJ Velzeboer wrote:
> So it appears that the combination of the android phone and large contact pictures send it into a loop.
>
> Anyone know if there is a limit defined for contact pictures?

ActiveSync limits photo size to 48KB (of base64 encoded string) and
syncroton enforces this when synchronizing contacts from server to a
device. So, that shouldn't be a problem. I didn't try the opposite way,
from device to the server.

Maybe it's just memory_limit issue. Syncroton does not load contacts
list in chunks, so all contacts data is in memory. How many contacts and
how big photos exactly do you have?

Any errors in log? You can see what's sent/received in activesync, there
are debug options in config.

http://git.kolab.org/kolab-syncroton/tree/config/main.inc.php.dist

--
Aleksander Machniak