Kolab 3.3 Shared folders

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Thu Aug 28 07:03:46 CEST 2014

Hello Nathanael,
> one last issue. Kolab Webadmin is not creating the actual folders. I
> create a shared folder in kolab webadmin, it says it is successful.
> However a kolab lm has no such mailbox. On a VM where I've installed
> 3.3
> from scratch, it creates the mailbox at the same time.
>
> Where should I look for something like this?

try to restart kolabd:
service kolabd restart
sleep 5
kolab lm | grep myfolder

If your folder shows after some time, it is probably some waiting
mechanism in the kolab sync.

If the folder does not come up at all, you should stop the kolabd
service, and then run it manually with logging enabled, to see some
error messages:
kolab -d 9 sync 2>&1 | tee kolab-sync.log

See also https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/wiki/Debugging-Kolab-Sync
where I have some notes about debugging and timing of Kolab sync.

hope this helps,
   Timotheus