imapsync to a shared folder

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Aug 27 00:01:06 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 15:39 -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> So I received a reply from Victor Silva who pointed me at
>
> https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2007-February/025173.html
>
> Using that I finally found the right incantation I think.
>
>  imapsync --host1 HOST1... --host2 HOST2 --prefix2 "Shared
> Folders/shared/secretary/" --regextrans2 's/INBOX//'
>
> It seems to be working - the one thing I'm not sure about is if it now
> ignores what was in the HOST1 users' inbox. I'm hoping it drops the
> messages in the INBOX into Shared Folders/shared/secretary, but for now
> its seems to be transferring the sub folders properly.

So that transfers everything except the contents of the INBOX.

Could not create folder [Shared Folders/shared/secretary/] from [INBOX]:
14 NO Mailbox already exists

It seems that it thinks this is an error and then doesn't transfer the
mail when really its not an error it just tried to create something that
already existed? I wonder if that's a bug in imapsync or not but you'd
think it would be able to detect the existence of a folder. That's
pretty crucial to its main function so I wonder what's going wrong here.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Nathanael