Upgrading to 3.2 from 3.1

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 18:11:12 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 12. August 2014 17.54.56 Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 09:05:44 PM Brady, Mike wrote:
> > On 2014-08-12 07:31, Nick Wiltshire wrote:
> > >
> > > YMMV, as it may be something specific to my setup that causes the
> > > issue.
> >
> > It wasn't just you.  I had the same experience.  The issues seemed to be
> > related to the upgrade of Cyrus IMAP from 2.4 to the Kolab only 2.5.
>
> cyrus-imap is currently at version 2.4.17, there is no version 2.5
> upstream.

I imagine that the cyrus-imapd packages from obs.kolabsys.com are the ones
being described here. For some reason I fail to remember at the moment - it
was perhaps related to the various Kolab 3.2 features like event notifications
or full-text search - these 2.5 "dev" packages were required for Kolab and are
provided by the Kolab package repositories. I get the impression that they
foretell the eventual arrival of an official 2.5 release and resulting
packages, but there may very well be no sign of such things upstream at the
moment.

Paul