Dovecot 2.2.12

widder wid at list.widdi.eu
Sat Apr 19 19:25:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

I tried to install Dovecot 2.2.12 (stable) following this blog entry http://kolab.org/blog/grote/2013/03/19/using-kolab-dovecot-imap-server
Since the newest Dovecot 2.2 includes metadata support the patch was not needed.
In Roundcube it was possible to save calendar entries and also contact entires but adding a Task did not work.

I think my problem is Roundcube uses the primary mail address to login to Dovecot but I have not yet found out how to look up the primary Mail Address via LDAP. Roundcube tries to login in Dovecot with doe at example.org so I had to configure Dovecot to ignore @example.org then it is equal to my UID.

My dovecot-ldap.conf.ext

hosts = localhost
dn = uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=example,dc=org
dnpass = "password_from_kolab-service"
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = uid=%u,ou=People,dc=example,dc=org
base = dc=example,dc=org
scope = subtree
user_attrs = mail=user,userPassword=password
user_filter = (|(&(|(uid=cyrus-admin)(uid=cyrus-murder))(uid=%u))(&(|(uid=%u)(mail=%n@%d)(mail=%n@%r))(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)))
pass_attrs = mail=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (|(&(|(uid=cyrus-admin)(uid=cyrus-murder))(uid=%u))(&(|(uid=%u)(mail=%n@%d)(mail=%n@%r))(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)))
default_pass_scheme = SSHA

My dovecot.conf

auth_username_format = %Ln
imap_metadata = yes
mail_attribute_dict = file:/var/vmail/%d/%n/dovecot-metadata

Has someone of you already configured Dovecot to accept the full email address?

It could be a great alternative to Cyrus since metadata is now part of the normal Dovecot sources.

Thank you