kolab 3.2 with openldap?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Mon Apr 14 21:49:15 CEST 2014

Paul

That explains the openldap issue.

I'll switch to centos if needed but my biggest concern is ldap.
To me kolab is just one of many ldap applications.
There is one master and 6 slaves counting kolab.

I expected some ldap challenges but so far a lot nastier than I expected.
Currently I'm running a kolab 2.3 in debian squeeze host.
Have kolab's ldap server disabled and kolab connecting to a squeeze ldap slave
on localhost.
On it have added all the needed schema and monitor module for kolab to see new
accounts.
Then this is a syncrepl  of the master.
I'm sure it's not perfect but it works.

I wonder if I could continue to do like I am doing?
If so are there any schema changes etc?
Will the monitor module still work with kolab?
Hate to have to manually create mailboxes.

The other way I can think of is keep kolab on 389 server  but as a openldap
slave?
From my goggling sounds like there may not be any syncing options between 389
server and opendap server.

Suppose could switch totally to 389 server but if there are no syncing options
between the 389 server and openldap it would  be the project from hell that
would have to rolled out in one night along with the kolab upgrade.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

John McMonagle